A DEAD mouse was found in a food storage area at a Denshaw hotel, a court heard.
Environmental Health officers made the discovery during a routine food hygiene inspection at Clough Manor on Rochdale Road.
During the visit in February officers found a number of issues that breached food hygiene laws.
Cobwebs, dirt, dust, food debris and grease were found in the kitchen, bar and pot wash areas and there were inadequate pest control measures in place.
A range of out-of-date food, including smoked salmon, cheese, yoghurts, sausages and pepperoni, was also found in the food preparation area.
In April, Clough Manor received a one-star rating from the Food Standards Agency.
On November 21 at Tameside Magistrates’ Court, Clough North, trading as Clough Manor, was found guilty of 19 offences under the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013, Regulation 19.
The company was not represented in court but was fined a total of £12,000 and ordered to pay costs of £1,250 plus a victim surcharge of £170. The venue is no longer open for business.
All Oldham food business ratings are on the Food Standards Agency website http://ratings.food.gov.uk/QuickSearch.aspx